Pelvic Floor Dysfunction Explained
Understanding the role of the pelvic floor and how to identify pelvic floor dysfunction in both sexes. We discuss having a hypertonic or hypotonic pelvic floor and the exercises to aid in recovery..
My Podcast with Lauren Foxbourogh
Thank you to our sponsors:
- Athletic Greens – athleticgreens.com/stephanie
- Orion Red Light Therapy – Use promo code STEPHANIE10 for 10% off – https://www.orionrlt.ca/?ref=Stephanie
- :30 Introduction
- 3:39 Pelvic Floor In Both Sexes
- 6:43 Damage To Pelvic Floor
- 11:45 Fitness Of Pelvic Floor – Hypertonic, Hypotonic
- 15:42 Signs Of Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- 18:41 Male Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- 21:43 Pelvic Floor Exercises
- 24:12 Exercises For A Hypotonic / Hypertonic Pelvic Floor
- 28:30 Conclusion
More information about the book at The Betty Body Book
Join the Betty Booty Challenge
Join the Hello Betty Community here!
Dive into better health!
I’m Dr. Stephanie
Part geek, part magic, and all the way passionate about being a well-lived woman.
I want to throw my grandkids in the air in my 70’s. I want to be squatting even more weight than I am now, and putting my OWN luggage in the overhead bin. Sound like weird goals? For me these are just some of the little things that represent a life well-lived.
My health is MY job – I’ll be damned if I rely on luck, ‘good genes’ or a cocktail of drugs that over promise and under deliver.
The Betty Body is my first book-baby, and a collection of what I’ve learned after thousands of clinical hours, hundreds of conversations with the world’s top experts, and most importantly…
This book is an outline of what took ME from “rock-bottom health” at 38, to being my own version of a Betty in my perimenopausal mid 40’s. A woman who is physically strong, full of energy, enjoys mental clarity, great sex and a joyful family life. Is it all roses? Of course not. But I have the stamina and tools to deal with the push and pull of life so that it doesn’t turn into chronic stress.
I want this for you too. Let’s go Bettys!