Mental Grit and Resilience in Troubling Times with Dr. Gillian Mandich, Giovanni Marsico, Sonia Zarbatany
It can be hard to stay positive when things are tough. But don’t worry, you’re not alone. In this special episode, Dr. Stephanie appears on The Gifted Show alongside host Giovanni Marsico, coach Sonia Zarbatany, and happiness researcher Dr. Gillian Mandich as they discuss how to be happier and more resilient during difficult times. They discuss how we have the power to change the way we can look at external stressors and some of the ways we can cultivate cellular grit and resilience. You’ll learn how repressing emotions can activate pleasure centers in the brain and how connecting with our emotions is vital in the pursuit of happiness. We talked about how to reverse engineer how to be happy now through the presence and instead of waiting in till you reach a milestone, and how the power of habits is the foundation of excellence.
- 0:00 Introduction
- 5:15 Welcome To The Gifted Show
- 9:39 What Is A 10/10 Life?
- 11:50 Defining Happiness
- 15:46 Why We Get Stuck In Negative Cycles
- 20:45 Why Are We Holding Back On Life?
- 26:11 How Your Mind Expands Beyond Your Head
- 30:00 The Importance Of Resilience
- 33:50 The Power Of Habit
- 38:13 Why You Need To Lean Into Fear
- 41:40 Anxiety Vs. Excitement And Its Relation To Fear
- 45:20 The Frontal Lobe And The Brain
- 53:20 Awareness And Empathy
- 58:30 Confidence Is A Skill That Is Learned
- 1:05:00 Social Media And Community
- 1:10:00 The Power Of Taking Responsibility
- 1:16:58 Responsibility And Autonomy
- 1:21:04 Success Takes Sacrifice
- 1:23:45 How To Take Direction Towards Your Dreams
Dive into better health!
I’m Dr. Stephanie
Part geek, part magic, and all the way passionate about being a well-lived woman.
I want to throw my grandkids in the air in my 70’s. I want to be squatting even more weight than I am now, and putting my OWN luggage in the overhead bin. Sound like weird goals? For me these are just some of the little things that represent a life well-lived.
My health is MY job – I’ll be damned if I rely on luck, ‘good genes’ or a cocktail of drugs that over promise and under deliver.
The Betty Body is my first book-baby, and a collection of what I’ve learned after thousands of clinical hours, hundreds of conversations with the world’s top experts, and most importantly…
This book is an outline of what took ME from “rock-bottom health” at 38, to being my own version of a Betty in my perimenopausal mid 40’s. A woman who is physically strong, full of energy, enjoys mental clarity, great sex and a joyful family life. Is it all roses? Of course not. But I have the stamina and tools to deal with the push and pull of life so that it doesn’t turn into chronic stress.
I want this for you too. Let’s go Bettys!