Fasting, Weight Loss & Exercise: AMA with Dr. Mindy Pelz
This week we are joined by Dr. Mindy Pelz, best-selling author, speaker, and fasting expert, for an “Ask Me Anything” session. We worked through our listener’s burning questions and chatted about all things fasting, hormones and eating, and working out in accordance with your cycle. We talked about what happens to your hormones during menopause, how to talk to your daughters about their cycle, and the importance of tracking your cycle. We also walk you through what our current exercise routines look like, the best supplements you should be taking, and how you can burn fat without losing muscle.==
- 0:30 Introduction
- 5:00 Welcoming Mindy Pelz
- 7:00 Why is Your Blood Sugar High in the Morning?
- 13:50 How Long it Takes to Lose Weight When Fasting
- 21:22 Our Favorite Health Books to Read
- 29:00 Rituals Around Sleep
- 44:00 Best Supplements for Menopausal Women
- 49:15 How to Figure Out Your Cycle Post-Hysterectomy
- 54:00 Teaching Your Daughters About Their Cycle
- 1:05:00 The Importance of Tracking Your Cycle
- 1:11:00 How to Burn Fat Without Losing Muscle
- 1:20:15 Mindy’s Exercise Routine
- 1:27:00 Conclusion
Dive into better health!
I’m Dr. Stephanie
Part geek, part magic, and all the way passionate about being a well-lived woman.
I want to throw my grandkids in the air in my 70’s. I want to be squatting even more weight than I am now, and putting my OWN luggage in the overhead bin. Sound like weird goals? For me these are just some of the little things that represent a life well-lived.
My health is MY job – I’ll be damned if I rely on luck, ‘good genes’ or a cocktail of drugs that over promise and under deliver.
The Betty Body is my first book-baby, and a collection of what I’ve learned after thousands of clinical hours, hundreds of conversations with the world’s top experts, and most importantly…
This book is an outline of what took ME from “rock-bottom health” at 38, to being my own version of a Betty in my perimenopausal mid 40’s. A woman who is physically strong, full of energy, enjoys mental clarity, great sex and a joyful family life. Is it all roses? Of course not. But I have the stamina and tools to deal with the push and pull of life so that it doesn’t turn into chronic stress.
I want this for you too. Let’s go Bettys!