This month on the Better show we begin our annual tradition of looking back throughout the year, to find the Best Of – moments of 2022. We will be combining clips from an array of guests we have had on the show to talk about such subjects as Metabolism, Fitness and Building an Hourglass Figure, Menstruation & Menopause, and this week’s topic… Hormones. In this episode we hear from Cynthia Thurlow, Dr. Mindy Pelz, Dr. Molly Maloof, Kashif Kahn, Brian Sanders, Rick Johnson, Dr. David Perlmutter, Dr. Bret Scher, and Sal Di Stefano. We get into some great information on reproductive hormones, fasting, the genetics of androgens, estrogen metabolism, fructose and fructose metabolism. All of the conversations revolve around specific hormones such as thyroid hormones, sex hormones like estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. We also chat about oxytocin, the bonding hormone, and of course another super important hormone… insulin. We love looking back on the year to find the best factoids and value for you Betties, so we hope you enjoy this one!
- 0:00 Introduction
- 0:15 Oxytocin & Insulin with Cynthia Thurlow
- 6:00 Hormone’s Role in Fasting for Women with Dr. Mindy Pelz
- 8:09 Muscle Building with Testosterone Surge with Dr. Mindy Pelz
- 11:22 Female Oxytocin Dominance with Dr. Molly Maloof
- 14:00 Androgens & Female Metabolic Pathways with Kashif Kahn
- 24:15 Hormonal Pathways & Hydroxylation with Kashif Kahn
- 33:47 Declining Levels of Testosterone with Brian Sanders
- 40:57 Lipogenic Effects of Fructose with Rick Johnson
- 48:38 Lipogenic Effects of Fructose with Dr. David Perlmutter
- 52:35 Thyroid Sensitivity for Keto Women with Dr. Bret Scher
- 55:07 Long Term Impacts of Keto on Insulin with Dr. Bret Scher
- 59:18 How Hormones Help Build Muscle with Sal Di Stefano
- 59:20 Conclusion
Sign up for my FREE MASTERCLASS: HEALTHY OFFERS – for health practitioners looking for strategies to earn more money
Are you A Healthcare Practitioner? Join The Estima Certification Program Here
Join the Hello Betty AMA here: https://www.hellobetty.club/ama
My Amazon Store:
Follow Me On Instagram:
Get yourself a copy of my best-selling book, The Betty Body – https://bettybodybook.com
Join the Hello Betty Community here – https://hellobetty.club
Dive into better health!
I’m Dr. Stephanie
Part geek, part magic, and all the way passionate about being a well-lived woman.
I want to throw my grandkids in the air in my 70’s. I want to be squatting even more weight than I am now, and putting my OWN luggage in the overhead bin. Sound like weird goals? For me these are just some of the little things that represent a life well-lived.
My health is MY job – I’ll be damned if I rely on luck, ‘good genes’ or a cocktail of drugs that over promise and under deliver.
The Betty Body is my first book-baby, and a collection of what I’ve learned after thousands of clinical hours, hundreds of conversations with the world’s top experts, and most importantly…
This book is an outline of what took ME from “rock-bottom health” at 38, to being my own version of a Betty in my perimenopausal mid 40’s. A woman who is physically strong, full of energy, enjoys mental clarity, great sex and a joyful family life. Is it all roses? Of course not. But I have the stamina and tools to deal with the push and pull of life so that it doesn’t turn into chronic stress.
I want this for you too. Let’s go Bettys!